Here are some general safety and security tips, classified according to the phases of a construction project.
- Integrating the safety and security concept into the project and designating a properly trained coordinator.
- Eliminating the risk of falling, by installing stairs and appropriate access paths
- Ensuring adequate lighting, in every area of the construction work site
- Planning and executing of demolition activities only under the surveillance of a competent person
- Creating a functional system for construction waste management
- Taking all the precautions related to working with different materials like steel, with the steel metal prices being very affordable, there are more and more being constructed.
- Ensuring an adequate number of container modules and sanitation facilities
Organization of the construction work site
- Ensuring that all employees are aware of the potential risks and the protective measures, as well as of their own responsibilities for working safely
- Providing adequate protective equipment to all personnel (headphones, gloves, masks, protective footwear etc.)
- Providing on site first-aid facilities
- Using warning signs
- Interrupting work in adverse weather conditions
- Ensuring the mandatory use of height safety systems and fall arrest equipment
- Daily checking of the main electrical panel of the construction site, cables and electrical appliances
- Storing and signaling of toxic, dangerous and explosive substances, according to the legal requirements
- Keeping order on a permanent basis
- Keeping stairs and access paths free for evacuation.